The Challenge for the HOUSTON rOCKETS
The Houston Rockets sales leadership set an aggressive goal for their sales team. They wanted to double their Premium Seats revenue for the 2017-2018 season. In order to meet that goal, the leadership team recognized that they needed a change in sales methodology and how they viewed the market, their buyers, and the sales process. They needed to change the way the sales team approached potential buyers to win new business. In addition, they had to change their buyers’ perception of their service from one that provided seats to one that focused on delivering a unique experience.
The Premium Sales Team at the Houston Rockets partnered with Tyson Group to:
- Assess members of their team for strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Change the sales methodology, the sales process, and the salespeople’s perception of the services they were selling to focus on the overall value delivered to the end buyer
- Improve the prospecting techniques to identify and reach more potential and promising buyers
- Create a solid infrastructure for establishing, conducting, and facilitating sales meetings with potential buyers to build credibility as well as to focus on the value the products and services bring to the end buyer
At the end of the assessment and training period, the top benefits for the Houston Rockets Premium Sales team include:
- 55% increase in premium suite sales.
- Set franchise record for most suite rentals in a calendar year.
- Doubled weekly average for new business meetings.
- Ticket Sales Team ranked at the top of the NBA for New Season Ticket Revenue for 2018-2019 season.
According to Jason McGuinness, the VP of Premium Sales, "Our sales team really bought into this process and we have changed the way we approach and execute the B2B Sales Process. The results so far have been exceptional and we know this is just a start."
Complete the form and download the full case study today.